[gta02-core] how many gta02-core devices ?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 22 15:05:50 CEST 2010

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
>> Major items that could have to be removed:
>
> Although #gta02-core is meant to be a phone, I think we can also
> add GSM to this list.

That would be the other list :) The one of things we may choose to
remove/ignore at our leisure. When I talked to Telit a while ago,
it didn't sound as if there was any problem getting those modules.

Back then, the lead time would have been 1-2 months, but the
modules were still brand-new, so this has probably changed now.

> Other idea of mine is to use a larger LCD - as long as it has same
> resolution I don't see any obstacle, do you ?

Case and connector would be the main obstacles. You'd also have to
find out how to program the controller chip on the LCM. The
resolution isn't so critical. Of course, if it gets too large,
you'll starve the memory bus :)

> Now, we might end with a lot of devices with manufacturing defects
> in specific areas,

Yup. First SMT runs can be cruel.

> We could as easy name those parts we don't mind that
> much being broken - would help deciding who's to get which device.

Good idea ! That would indeed help when it's time to decide who gets
which set of unresolved issues.

Thanks,