[gta02-core] wanted: cashier for gta02-core

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Mar 26 09:23:21 CET 2010

Patryk Benderz wrote:
> do you maybe remember subject of this post, or have a link to archives?
> Maybe someone would like to refresh memory or just read it?

I'll look it up in a bit.

> Let's hope these offers are still actual :)

Even better, one was actually upgraded ;-)

> 	IMHO best option would be to set up such organization somewhere in EU.

I think EU is good for this, yes. There's a long tradition of this kind
of forms of associations, "clubs", "Vereine", etc., in many countries
and it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

More sophisticated organizations would even have certain tax benefits,
but that's additional work and takes time.

I don't know how easy or hard such things would be in the US. Probably
similar to EU.

> If someone step up to take responsibilities of "cashier", do you mind if
> he/she chooses different country? [ than Argentina ]

No, not at all. Argentina is where I am, so that's where I could
try to set up an organization (assuming I'd need one to keep things
properly separated so that the tax authority doesn't get any wrong
ideas), but as I explained, this wouldn't really make sense.

> would be great if such a person is also skilled in tax related and
> business related activities, and finally contacting with government
> officials. Or maybe three person?

Heh, I knew "NGO" sounded a bit pretentious and could convey some
incorrect ideas ;-) I guess anyone who's played that role in a
"club" of some form or shape should know enough of the basics.

> 	One more came up my mind. Selection of country and type of NGo should
> be correlated.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that we need to set up any formal
organization. Depending on the country, associations can be formed
without any formal requirements, and may well be able to handle the
sort of transactions we need without further ado.