Welcome

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Apr 18 19:20:59 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I was some days in easter vacation and am now trying to catch up. So I
will just cherry pick some parts...

Am 09.04.2009 um 12:04 schrieb Lothar Behrens:

> For that task, use a phpBB or the like board (sub category) to
> concentrate discussions.

Personally I like the idea of using boards for that task because it
has *structure *, but there have been heavy flamewars going up to the
statement that a successful open source project can only work on
mailing lists.
So, I currently don't care about.

> Would this be a way to form the comunity to be successful?
>
> If not, how has www.amsat.org got this organized?

AFAIK, they have meetings, magazines, e-mail lists etc.

Then, they have a well organized project structure. Just a handful of
people push and work on the projects. These are experienced volunteers
coming from companies or academia doing related work. I did know one
of these highly active people (unfortunately he died from a heart-
attack many years ago). He was working for "DLR" (sort of a German
NASA).

My imagination says that we have and can attract all the pieces we
need from the community.

It is like an organization that runs a museum steam railway. There are
2 or 3 who have a license to operate the engine, 2 or 3 can repair it.
5-6 can help painting and 10 can collect visitor tickets etc. 20-50
can distribute brochures. 100eds are intersted in using it.

Nikolaus