Welcome

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Apr 19 20:32:59 CEST 2009

Am 19.04.2009 um 19:54 schrieb Steve Mosher:

> Thanks, Dr. N
>
>  That is the path I am thinking down.
>
> All of the discussion here gets very quickly into a morass of
> implementation  and ignores the the elphant in the room.
> Can a community design hardware ( you have an existence proof of that
> cited below) So, I would like to "trial" the line.

IMHO the answer is clearly a NO. The community can't (because of the
morass of more discussions than rolling up sleeves). But it can help a
small sub-community to complete a task the community is interested in.

> 1. Define a very simple project: galmoectomy.

Thats a good idea.

> 2. Licence the Gerber to an organization that runs the project.
> 3. Donate parts for a prototype run.
> 4. See if people can execute or just argue.

Here I see different next steps:

2. Find a Working Group Chair intersted in having this task done
3. Support her/him with all he/she needs (Project Server, Parts)
4. If the result is good, OM can take it or leave it

> err we know they can argue.

Step 2 is the most critical. I would suggest that you (as
representative of OM) write a request to the community list to find a
volunteer.