Removing Glamo from GTA02 (Was: Welcome)
werner at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 20 09:50:00 CEST 2009
Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> We already got working prototypes of this type of device a few months ago.
> Guys are you listening what I tell you?
Err, are you talking about the GTA03-2442 evaluation boards ?
They can help, but they also have a number of differences.
Here are the differences to GTA02:
- no Glamo
- LCM connected to CPU (didn't work for some reason)
- WLAN/uSD multiplexer (untested and considerd undesirable)
- NAND trapdoor (tested)
- no audio amp
- camera (untested, AFAIK)
- one motion sensor
- different button/LED arrangement
Also, since they're evaluation boards, the form factor is a 13x14 cm
In the proposed experimental Glamectomy project, the following
- WLAN/uSD multiplexer (use SPI instead)
- NAND trapdoor (better use IDBG instead)
- MC75 (probably keep Calypso)
- camera (change too intrusive)
- different button/LED arrangement (keep old design for old case)
It might be useful if Openmoko could release the schematics, though.
They illustrate how to connect things to the 2442. We just have to
be very careful to avoid creating confusion with all those slightly
different designs :-)
More information about the Gta03