Project files management (was Re: Welcome)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 21 19:07:18 CEST 2009

Rafael Campos wrote:
> Well, i'd like to start some experiments. Some of us could start with
> KiCAD, or gEDA, and post some "ussability".

Excellent ! A first step could be to start making the components
for the schematics. This initially only needs coordination of who
does what, and a little synchronization on style.

Maybe start with the larger chips. Of these we have:

- CPU, S3C2442B MSP54 (U1501)
- PMU, PCF50633HN/04/N3 (U1701)
- DRAM, K4M51323PC-D (U2201)
- Codec, WM8753LGEFL (U3001)
- Accelerometer, LIS302DL (U7801)
- Boost converter, AAT1275IRN (U4904)

It should be possible to just copy the pin assignment from the public
GTA02 schematics, i.e.,
http://downloads.openmoko.org/developer/schematics/GTA02/Schematics_Freerunner-GTA02_A5-A7cumulative_public_RC0.pdf

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware
has links to most of the data sheets.

I'd suggest breaking the CPU down into smaller pieces and making a
multi-part/unit component.

- Werner