Project files management (was Re: Welcome)

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Tue Apr 21 23:40:47 CEST 2009

When starting with any layouting, this is important:

Virtual modules (like MCM) are 'possible' including prelayouted parts,
but the limitation is that
DRC and ZONES filling ignores this and that lead to shorts :-(
(See the mail from alainm at pobox.com at the KICAD users group)

So modularisation may be possible but it is dangerous yet - except
someone has a look at their code :-)

Lothar

Am 21.04.2009 um 19:07 schrieb Werner Almesberger:

> Rafael Campos wrote:
>> Well, i'd like to start some experiments. Some of us could start with
>> KiCAD, or gEDA, and post some "ussability".
>
> Excellent ! A first step could be to start making the components
> for the schematics. This initially only needs coordination of who
> does what, and a little synchronization on style.
>
> Maybe start with the larger chips. Of these we have:
>
> - CPU, S3C2442B MSP54 (U1501)
> - PMU, PCF50633HN/04/N3 (U1701)
> - DRAM, K4M51323PC-D (U2201)
> - Codec, WM8753LGEFL (U3001)
> - Accelerometer, LIS302DL (U7801)
> - Boost converter, AAT1275IRN (U4904)
>
> It should be possible to just copy the pin assignment from the public
> GTA02 schematics, i.e.,
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/developer/schematics/GTA02/Schematics_Freerunner-GTA02_A5-A7cumulative_public_RC0.pdf
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware
> has links to most of the data sheets.
>
> I'd suggest breaking the CPU down into smaller pieces and making a
> multi-part/unit component.
>
> - Werner

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
Lothar Behrens