[hadyn.van at googlemail.com: Re: schematics in PDF form?]

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 5 15:47:31 CEST 2009

Forwarded from the "hardware" list. It's about
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all.ps.gz
and gta02-core in general.

- Werner

----- Forwarded message from Hadyn van der Berg <hadyn.van at googlemail.com> -----

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:00:29 +0100
From: Hadyn van der Berg <hadyn.van at googlemail.com>
To: Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org>
Cc: Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>, hardware at lists.openmoko.org
Subject: Re: schematics in PDF form?

Hi  Werner,
Can I ask, what format this is in?  I'm presuming GZIP , but I'm struggling
to open it.

Is there any document about what the plan is for the new board?  Based on
which existing hardware, improvements to be made, etc.

What is the thinking about using different chips, for example the power
management or audio section?
Would it be preferable to stick to the existing chips due to existing
software/driver implementation or, if there is a justifiable reason, would
the group be prepared to change?

I presume cost is an issue, since I believe the project isn't funded
commercially . I would guess then that a motivating factor would be lower
cost devices.

Do you struggle to obtain components, when it comes time for manufacture,
and so is another issue, ease of sourcing of components?  Some parts have
minimum order quantities, or are only available on large reels.

Sorry for all the questions - but I think they're important to know, when
the product is developed.

Hadyn

----- End forwarded message -----