New Symbols, X7602, X7601, U760, U7603, U7601

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 6 02:35:57 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
> I think DC_GND sounds odd and does not make any sens to me. GND always
> refers, if not otherwise specified (DGND, AGND etc.) to the supply
> ground which is in this case DC. So I thought i reduce the redundant
> information.

I also find the DC_GND rather unusual. However, we try to stay close
to what the data sheet calls things and try to avoid exceptions. Cases
where there are exceptions are (I'm reiterating this for the benfit of
any newcomers):

- inverted pins or functions. There, all the different types of markup
  just become an "n" prefix.

- if the data sheet is wrong or seriously misleading

- if the data sheet is inconsistent

I think it's better to be conservative with exceptions, or we'll find
ourselves with the task of doing an overall taxonomy and nomenclature
of signal names on our hands before too long. Let's not go there ;-)

DC_GND doesn't have any of the problems above, so I'd just let Atmel
have their little quirk.

- Werner