schematics in PDF form?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 6 18:28:07 CEST 2009

[ Cc to the gta03 list added ]

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> This list is meant for GTA02 (+gta01?) hw issues/topics.

I guess that's the problem with this sort of list - you can never
be quite sure what it's about :-) E.g., on the kernel lst, we also
had stuff for GTA03-6410, and it didn't seem out of place. Of
course, the kernel is per se shared, while hardware projects don't
necessarily have one big project tree.

I agree that a list called "gta03" is not an ideal home for a
project called "gta02-core", and I'd also be unhappy if the talk
about gta02-core would prevent discussion about other projects or
project ideas.

I believe there is room for a lot more projects than gta02-core,
be it in parallel or as successors. So having a place to discuss
them is valuable. One might actually just rename "gta03" to
"future", to make it clear :-)

There is a risk that having discussions of different projects
mixed on a single list will cause confusion. E.g., if three
projects, let's say Openmoko's GTA02, gta02-core, and JoergPhone,
all share "hardware", it will be mighty confusing if someone
starts discussing the USB current without precisely identifying
the project in each and every mail.

On the other hand, the more lists you have, the more crossposts
and discussions happening on the wrong list.

So, all things considered, I think creating a new list for
gta02-core makes sense. I'm not sure what to go with the gta03
list, if anything.

Opinions ?

- Werner