gta02-core component drawings (was Re: GTA02-core)

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Tue May 12 01:43:05 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Wonderful, thanks a lot ! I put your files into the Openmoko SVN at
> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/
Great - Thanks.
> Regarding the repository structure, how about making one set of
> files (.lib and .dcm) per component and merging them into a
> library of everything by script ? I think this would make it easier
> to keep track of changes.

Sure, I'll split them into multiple libraries.  What's the benefit of
then merging them back into a library of everything?
> I had a quick look at them. Comments in another mail. There are
> also two items that may need a policy.

Fab.  I was in general trying to keep the components similar to the
existing gta02 models, to minimise transposition mistakes when we're
re-creating the schematics.  That leads me to a question about the CPU -
you mentioned doing that as multi-part, but I wasn't sure how much it
makes sense to break it up.  There seems to be potentially 19 discrete
interfaces:

Memory, SDRAM, NAND, DMA
UART, SPI, SDIO, USB, JTAG, EINT, EINT+, IIC, IIS, ADC/TSP
LCD, Camera, Clock, Timer
Power

Does it make more sense to have a 'part' for each of those 19, group
them as I have (mem, IO, peripherals, power), or do something
different?  Is there value in re-creating the part exactly as it's drawn
in the current GTA02 schematics to minimise silly copying errors?

Dave