component symbols conventions

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue May 12 07:12:08 CEST 2009

These are the two items that may need a general convention:

- labeling of inverted inputs and nets: the "inverted" symbol plus
  the bare name looks good, but we can't use the same marking when
  labeling the net and when referring to it in ASCII mail.

  The nNAME convention seems to work well for the latter. Should
  we also use this for nets ? How about pin names ? Just follow
  whatever the vendor uses or introduce an "n" prefix ?

- NC pins: shall we even draw them in the schematics ? KiCad doesn't
  mind if a footprint has extra pins.

Opinions ?

- Werner