component symbols conventions

Dave Ball openmoko at underhand.org
Wed May 13 03:25:08 CEST 2009

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Di  12. Mai 2009 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
>
>>   The nNAME convention seems to work well for the latter. Should
>>   we also use this for nets ? How about pin names ? Just follow
>>   whatever the vendor uses or introduce an "n" prefix ?
>>
> Usual convention is either
> #inverted
> or
> /inverted

I think we should use something consistent for the project - rather than
go with differing vendors conventions.  Samsung used nNAME quite a bit
for pin names, which I've created just using the inverted pin (dropping
the n prefix).

I don't think it matters what we use, but I'm in favour of overscore
where possible, or /  in ascii.

Dave