Two KiCad fun discoveries

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat May 23 00:05:32 CEST 2009

We discussed a while ago using overlines to mark inverted pins and
signals. As it turns out, KiCad already supports this to some
extent: with ~, you toggle overline on and off in most text in
eeschema and pcbnew, with pins being the notable exception. So
this is almost what we want. No need for the complicated
auto-overlining I had envisioned :)

And then there's a small project that aims to provide a better PCB
editor. As if C++ wasn't strange enough, it's written in OCaml.
The push router looks like a promising feature. It does a lot of
odd things, but the idea is interesting:

http://code.google.com/p/kicadocaml/

- Werner