U490{1,2,3} diagrams

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat May 23 17:05:16 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Hope you all like them. Please review when you have some time.
>
> U4901: SN74AUP1G125

A real beauty ! Added to SVN.

> U4902: 74AUP1G00

Great ! Added as well.

I haven't added them to the expanded sheet yet because of the naming
issue below.

> U4903: SN74LVC2G126

One small problem here: the enable signals shouldn't be inverted.

> In schematics I have for GTA02, U4902 does not include SN prefix.
> I also think (since these might be provided by different manufacturers)
> we should avoid using the prefix on U4903 and U4901 too.

I thought about this for a while. It's very tricky. For example, the
sn74lvc126 comes in packages with 5 or 6 pins/pads/balls. The differ
in how they assign pin numbers. Now, TI only have 5 pin packages in
production, so the SN is in fact a correct qualifier. NXP have 6 pin
packages as well, so there you'd have to use another qualifier.

Perhaps we should call it 74126_5 and the other would be 74126_6 ?

Thanks a lot !

- Werner