U490{1,2,3} diagrams

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat May 23 18:12:00 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> You're definitely right. I wonder how I missed that. :/
>
> Updated version in attach.

Hmm, "diff" says it's the same as before ?

>> Perhaps we should call it 74126_5 and the other would be 74126_6 ?
>
> I assume you meant 74AUP1G00 :)

Err, no, but it was wrong in several ways anyway :-) Should be 741G125_5.
Or maybe 74X1G125_5. We don't really need the family in there, because
you'd use the same symbol for all families (AUP, LVC, HC, whatever).

> The symbol is the same, however the device is different - the extra 6th
> pin is NC.

Ah, I wish they had made life so easy for us. If you look at
http://www.standardics.nxp.com/products/aup/datasheet/74aup1g125.pdf
you see that VCC moves from pin 5 to pin 6. So you need different
symbols (or make a non-standard footprint, but there lies madness).

> since we're mostly using openmoko components (I assume no manufacturer
> changes from latest GTA02) we can just add the prefix and, if we need
> to change to some other component/outline, we add another prefix as well.

Hmm, I'd rather have clean naming if it's not to much effort. That
way, there are fewer traps when the library is reused.

- Werner