Symbol for SI1040X (U7610,U7609)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat May 23 18:22:08 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> I did not because original drawing in GTA02 and in datasheet only label
> the uppermost pin. :) Which is understandable, because it's redundant
> information. It's mainly there for power purposes.

Yeah, it's redundant and one can actually see that it is. Still,
I think it's better to name all pins. Otherwise, someone might
think the name was simply forgotten. (And equivalent pins don't
always have the same name, e.g., VSYS1 and VSYS2 on the PMU.)

> Again for the same reason. I also did not like to name it that way.
> I do think "ON" would suffice though. :)

Yeah, very good point. Let's keep it simple.

I wonder how they ended up with something as absurd as ON/OFF.
Almost seems as if they moved it from document processing system
to another and lost an overbar in the transition.

> Some manufacturers seem to label pins in a very weird way -

Oh yes, they do ...

> why the heck they name "S2" the input anyway?

"Source of FET #2" ? ;-)

> Yes. I'll update. That will make DRC happy.

Thanks !

- Werner