GTA02 MPU alternatives

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Apr 25 15:46:18 CEST 2008

Ian Stirling wrote:
> I have a project based on ST micros cortex chips that bit-bangs SDRAM,
> taking advantage of the block read function, and would in principle work
> for keeping the LCD state when the CPU is off.

That's nice ... but, could we perhaps start with a problem statement
before the proposed solution ? I.e., what would this do that we want
to do but can't or can only do with undesirable consequences ?

There are lots of elegant or at least interesting solutions out there,
many of them desperately waiting for a problem. The difficulty is
finding the few we actually have a use for ;-)

- Werner