SDIO multiplexing

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 28 02:45:19 CEST 2008

Hi there,
we played with a number of ideas on the HW side, one of them was
around how we can extend the lifetime of gta02, by making some fixes.
Such as removing the glamo chip. Which would leave no SDIO for the Wi-
Fi module.
Do you have any ideas how this could be fixed, i.e. how we could
remove the glamo on gta02 and still have Wi-Fi?
Sean and I met Harald at the Open Hardware Summit conference, and he
suggested this 'hack':

http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an509.pdf
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FS/FSSD06.pdf

Basically a form of SDIO multiplexing.
Other options would be SPI.
What do you think of the multiplexing, SPI, or other ways to achieve
this?
Wolfgang