SDIO multiplexing

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 28 04:58:47 CEST 2008

Wolfgang-

> Basically a form of SDIO multiplexing.
> Other options would be SPI.
> What do you think of the multiplexing, SPI, or other ways to achieve this?
> Wolfgang

If want to control schedule and don't want technical/experiment issue
affect schedule, using SPI. The cost will be developing SPI version of
wi-fi driver, that will be a lot efforts again.

If Atheros could help us on the SPI driver, SPI is much preferred.

Multiplexing is very good idea, but I suggest off-line verification
first, then put on board. And component availability also need to verify
first.

Allen will need 1 or 2 weeks to verify component availability issue.

Tony Tu