SDIO multiplexing

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 29 11:49:01 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> So *FOR GTA04* should we plan to use "old" SDIO-IF for WLAN, or make a
> new design taking in account the "fact" our future WLAN will be SPI-based?

Hmm, good question. In the 6400, we have two SPI ports, one of them
sharing pins with an MMC port (but we have a spare one anyway).

The 6400 MMC is different from 24xx MMC, but since we need an MMC
driver anyway, adding the SDIO part shouldn't be a big deal.

So I'd lean slightly towards making SDIO our preferred choice for
WLAN attachment.

- Werner