USB-debug // FTDI FT2232D -- need more specs for particular hw design

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 29 19:13:15 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> The way the connectors and the cable are built, it's probably absolutely
> correct the one starts counting pins upward, while the other starts at
> high numbers counting downward, anyway.

Ah well, if that was the only problem with that cable, we'd all be
much happier ;-) That design goes back a looong way. Started with
the debug v1 board that exported the whole bus to the board. Alas,
we didn't use the opportunity to make a better FPC while we
redesigned the debug board.

(Of course, the FPC only started to make real trouble after that.
Murphy is careful not to show his hand too early ...)

If Wolfgang and Tony still keep their graveyard box, perhaps you
can find a debug v1 board there. It's quite a piece of technology.

- Werner