GTA04 Block V4

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Fri Aug 15 16:48:27 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> | On 8/14/08, Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote:
> |
> |> This is part of my cunning plan to get a usable connector for expansion
> |>  on the phone :)
> |
> | Fullsize SD- Card slot for SDIO ?
> |
> | what would you like to have accesible on an expansion slot.
> | ("nice" very small formfactor connectors are rare)
>
> Really USB host is very "usable" and flexible for these tasks.

In some ways, yes.

It mandates a microcontroller, USB and programming, and can't do wakeup
well.

I'm sure I wrote up a detailed list of desirable stuff with reasons, and
put it on the wiki. I think it may have been edited, and I can't now
find it.

Connectors are the hard part.
Ideally I'd like a connector with 20 pins or so, that auto-aligns when
the new back is slammed on.
This is not going to happen.

Second choice would be a board-board connector maybe .05" centers, two
rows of 10 contacts, with pins.

Probable ending point is a FPC connector, with 20 pins.

These would be:

0: VBatt (to allow both charging and running from the battery - any
responsibility for not exploding the battery would be entirely on the
peripheral)

1 – debug programming/3.3V supply when on (+3.3v)

2 – TDO /GPIO

3 – TDI /GPIO

4 – nTRST

6 – TMS /GPIO

7 – GND

8 – TCK /GPIO

9 - I2C-SCL

10 - I2C-SDA

11 - SPI-CLK0

12 - SPI-MOSI

13 - SPI-MOSI

14 - SS0

15 - EINT

16 - D+ (straight connection across external port pins)

17 - D- (again, straight connection)

18 - GND

19 - VBatt

This is of course a rough scribble only.