Wifi

Uwe Klein wiederling at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:33:28 CEST 2008

On 8/20/08, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:
>  We have no control over PMU startup.  It brings up various rails how it
>  likes all at the same time at levels it likes.
The PCF50633 ?
I have printed out the schematics but not committed them to memory yet.

>  Problems with startup at low battery (I guess the foot-tangling you
>  mean) are caused by inrush current limiting also being set too high by
>  PMU itself and again out of our control because the CPU does not come up
>  until later.
foottangling: switching off functions and them staying on. no reaction on
LowerRight button but the TopLeft still works. And some issues when the
cpu seems to be idling busy ( tjouchschreen reacts with large delay )

>  These are some of the reasons we would like an always-on MPU to manage
>  PMU startup in a way we control from the start.
Would "reeducating" the PMU help?
( Will read the complete DS later tonight )

uwe
(sorry if I have stepped on someones toes.)