Wifi / off-state leakage

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 20 21:11:13 CEST 2008

> > If I'm in a situation where I absolutely want to make sure we don't
> > emit any power, I'd remove the battery anyway.
> OK, there are people who feel uncomfortable with a battery in *any*
cellphone
> nearby, when they have some confidential talk ;-)

OTOH, I'm more concerned about possible triggers of any "action" by unknown
source (like RF-interference from outside, ESD etc) than about GTA02 might
not be able to stop all subsystems on power down.
Observation: GTA02 laying beside my PC in the night, definitively powered down
for ~24h, no SIM-card inserted, nothing attached, case closed. Suddenly I see
a short red flash from AUX-button. o.O !?!?
Vbat-low IRQ from PMU??? RF-interference or static?

Of course device was in power-down mode when I examined it 30sec later, but
anyway... Probably in blasting areas it's always safe side of fence to have
no battery in any electronic device, maybe better even don't carry any
batteries at all.

/jOERG