Wifi

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 25 13:31:01 CEST 2008

Harald Welte wrote:
> This causes spectral impurity and can easily have (and actually has in
> practise) effects on violating the regulatory requirements on the extremely
> strict regulations on GSM/GPRS/3G signals.

Interesting ... certainly a rather important consideration :)

> It has an input pin that switches it off/on depending on
> the logic state, i.e. a built-in power switch.  This is what should be used
> (and is used in GTA02) to ensure acutal power-off.

I think it would have been nice it we had a gate powered by the
battery as well to cut off that signal. That way, we wouldn't
have to depend on the GSM subsystem keeping that line in the
state we desire when powered down.

Ah well, if we run into a similar constellation in the future,
we'll know what to do.

Thanks,
- Werner