No blinken lights...

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Sat Aug 30 18:08:17 CEST 2008

Mike Montour wrote:
> Mike (mwester) wrote:
>
>> But the Freerunner was lying on the desk like a brick of cheese.  No
>> indication at all -- and no possible way to do it AFAIK, unless one
>> disables suspend entirely.
>
> Would it be possible to program an RTC alarm for 10s in the future, wake
> up just long enough to flash the LED, then re-set the alarm and suspend
> again?

Yes, this is probably what we'll have to do for the freerunner and neo.

I know this is not what anyone wants, but I think we're going to end up
having to hack up the power-management code so that it can support a
special ultra-light resume that can do some minimal house-keeping deep
in the kernel and then go back to sleep.  I'd hate to do that just to
blink an LED, but we absolutely must do this to check the battery level
on the neo anyway (so we can power off before we drain the battery flat).

Mike (mwester)

(BTW - that chip in the GTA03 is excellent!  That'll do the job very
nicely.  If the LED it's driving is a multi-color LED, we can even
encode charging status with the alert/attention status in a useful way.)