GPS tracking

simarillion simarillion at gmx.de
Sat Jul 12 22:20:33 CEST 2008

My GPS on the Freerunner is working very well and I have already tracked some
streets for OSM with it. Additionally I have recorded a long ride with my
motorcycle and compared it with OSM and googlemaps and was very surprised good
the result was. (tangogps shows a GDOP  between 1 and 2 and OSM recommends 4)
When I want to get a fix I have to go outside (balcony is enough) turn on GPS,
hold the FR vertically and do not move much and at the latest 10 Minutes I get
a Fix.
Did you check the connection of the GPS antenna which is mentioned in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunner_GPS_antenna_repair_SOP
(I would not solder as mentioned there but you can check visually and plug it
off and in again)

Good luck
Michael