Neo 1973 Bad Touch Screen

SCarlson scottrcarlson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:37:15 CET 2008

Hello Everyone -

 My friend owns a Neo 1973. Recently the screen has gone down the tubes.
(Recently being over a year ago, but it has been collecting dust).
Basically, there are a bunch of lines and splotches etc.(Only part of the
screen is visible (I can barely see uboot menu), sometimes none of it)
Applying a little torsion to the screen allows me to push the lcd distortion
around and at one time months ago, I was able to completely see the screen,
but it would be unstable in the physical sense it seems? . We have opened up
the device and the ribbon cable to the board appears to be fine. The issue
seems to be on the touchscreen module.

I realize this isn't a terrible amount of information. I guess I have two
questions.

1) Has anyone seen this happen, and is the screen "bad", or is there
something we can do.

2) If the answer to 1) is yes, then where can I purchase a touchscreen
replacement for the Neo 1973? Does anyone have one laying around collecting
dust (This is directed more towards the Openmoko Team).

Thanks for your time,
SCarlson