AT%SLEEP=n power consumption

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Nov 7 22:31:50 CET 2008

Alastair Johnson wrote:
> Can you repeat the test on a handset that is suffering from #1024?

During the last few days, I tried to do this. Oddly enough, it seems
that mine actually isn't suffering from #1024 after all.

I suspected it did, because I had once seen oscillations with OM2007,
and Om2008 and FSO both briefly reported success but seconds later
indicated that they had lost the network, which seemed close enough
to the symptoms of #1024.

Now that I went down to AT commands, the picture is different:

AT+CFUN=1
AT+CPIN="...."
AT+CREG=2
AT+COPS=0

yields

+CREG: 2
+CREG: 1,"0018","13C8"
+CREG: 1,"0018","13BF"
+CREG: 1,"0018","0040"

There are about ten seconds between  +CREG: 1  messages. Often, there
is only one change, e.g., 13C8 -> 0040. After that, the registration
remains stable for hours.

- Werner