[sound]: capacitor that act like a high-pass filter and so removes the bass on the headphones jack

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Nov 28 17:49:16 CET 2008

> I think I understand. I built one 10 F capacitor into the adapter (at the
> mass), so the problem with the headphones should be fixed. I also measured a
> 1,59V current at the capacitor when plugged in and silent. Sound is good as
> before.

It's beginning to sound very appealing.  I was very disappointed to
discover that my FR is unusable as an MP3 player (and I'm not demanding:
I usually find 64Kb/s Vorbis files good enough for such a use).

> Unfortunately, the internal speaker sounds really bad now (distorted).
> So I think i'll remove the silver again and find somebody who can help
> me with the soldering...

Hmm... why does it distort the interal speaker?
Would it be possible to add a 10 F capacitor on top of the 1 F one
and connect it (in parallel) using your magic silver thingy (that
I know nothing about), so as to avoid the soldering?

        Stefan