Neo1973 WM8753/Alsa Configuration

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:21:20 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I am attempting to utilize the Neo as a mobile filtering system for a
project, using alsa and dmix's features for the audio modification.  I am
able to get the Neo to record and playback, but not simultaneously.  I have
been attempting to merge the two .state files to allow simultaneous
rec/playback, but haven't been successful.

Playback only:
#alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/stereoout.state restore
#aplay --device neo1973 -f cd /media/card/song.wav

Recording only:
#alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/capturehandset.state restore
#arecord --device neo1973 -f cd /media/card/mic_audio.wav

...and when I try to perform something like:
#arecord -D neo1973 -f cd | aplay -D neo1973 -f cd

it execs successfully but I don't end up hearing any audio output.  I have
also tried changing the DAI Mode to 2 with no luck.  I was not able to find
a wiki page describing the the controls in the alsa mixer/.state files...and
how those controls are routed to the hardware.  I've been trying to parse
the Neo1973 Audio Subsystem page with no luck.

Any ideas are much appreciated!  (I will update the wiki with any
breakthroughs)

Regards,

Kyle