GTA03 revision available

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 4 01:03:24 CEST 2008

quatrox at gmail.com wrote:
> From what I know, I would expect it to be available in the fall
> of 2009. But this is only my guess.

5Q2009 is actually when we plan to release the "Neo Lockdown", running
Proprietarix licensed from SCO(tm), SIM-locked to Iridium, and with
pay-per-use applications. Since we're all about freedom, you will be
able to change the battery as you like, but it will only release its
charge if its serial number matches the one etched into our
custom-built phone-on-a-chip(r).

R&D hasn't started yet, but we'll get to it as soon as we're done
filing all those software patents.

(Sorry, couldn't wait until April 1st ;-)

- Werner