GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 31 20:54:03 CET 2008

http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/GSM_EMI_noise/noise_stopped_by_cut_pin4/JK4401_isolate_pin4__2.jpg)
> > Then do first test to find buzz is gone.
>

> That's effectively what I did.  I attached teflon tape to the bottom of the
> connector to isolate it. The buzz is still present.

Even without the bead attached?

> > Then place bead to pad of R4404 NC, or even piggyback it to C4405, and
> > connect
> > to upper golden contact of JK4401, above pin4. (Please note you need the
> > bead
> > only for hs mic function, which may still be broken when using it during
> > GSM
> > RF activity)
> >

> Right now I what to get rid of the buzz ( I'm going to attempt the A7 bodge
> )
Great rework shown in your other mail.

> and have the connector reattached so I can try and dump the GSM firmware.
Sorry I don't understand this. Isn't the connector attached yet? Why would you
want to dump GSM FW and why would you need the connector for that?

cheers
jOERG