GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 22:15:50 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>wrote:

> > That's effectively what I did.  I attached teflon tape to the bottom of
> the
> > connector to isolate it. The buzz is still present.
>
> Even without the bead attached?

Without the bead attached there was still some buzz.

> Great rework shown in your other mail.

Thanks I only did the filing of the connector. We have a very competent
hardware guy that does the soldering for me.

> > and have the connector reattached so I can try and dump the GSM firmware.
> Sorry I don't understand this. Isn't the connector attached yet? Why would
> you
> want to dump GSM FW and why would you need the connector for that?

Yes it's back on now.  I'm trying to write an opensource version of fluid.
So If I can dump the firmware I should also be able to write it back.
According to the schematics ( and other posts I've read on the net ) the
firmware on the calypso can can be slurped through the headphone jack, via
the irda tx/rx.

Angus

--
Angus Ainslie