GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Sep 13 03:20:07 CEST 2008

Am Fr  12. September 2008 schrieb Andy Green:

> | Even thought this is not not a recommended rework I started on it. I
> | (wrongly) assumed by just removing the connector that it would fix the
> | noise issue. It doesn't.
>
> Wow, interesting.
>
> Can you describe what you did to make the "noise" come?  Is this the GSM
> "buzz" type noise or something else?

Yes Angus, please be more verbose on your findings!
Until now all our results mean we don't see any noise at all, as soon as
there's not even 2mm of wire on pin4 of JK4401. :-/ (leave allone beads etc)

So if you removed headset-receptacle JK4401 from PCB, didn't add any
other "antenna" on pin 4, and still hear GSM-buzz-noise on far end(!), I'd
really like to see/understand this setup!

many thanks for any answer!
jOERG