GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Sep 13 04:32:36 CEST 2008

Am Do  11. September 2008 schrieb Torsten Sievers:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> good work so far. do you have any update on this?

Well, recent reports from actual lab in Taipei are fuzzy and sparse (I
unfortunately can't reproduce the buzz-issue here at my european lab), but it
sounds like we can confirm it's a viable fix to cut pin4 of JK4401 and
connect the mic signal to this trace somewhere else with a bead (even for
headset connected :).
I'm about to test a rework-recommendation (involving Dremel/Proxxon) that's
not including desoldering of JK4401, which is a really difficult task for
everybody not equipped with a 4500EUR ERSA-SMT_rework station (at least if
you care about not breaking the whole device during rework).
ATM I get low priority and few support on this from the company, as everybody
is busy with GTA03 (and I'm with 04 ;-). But stay assured I'll not stop on
the issue until I find I got to *some* kind of an end of the story.

cheers
jOERG