GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 21 16:18:56 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> I don't think so, I could just make a call and "reliably reproduce the
> problem" for the duration of the call when I force it to transmit.

Oh, good. So the Taiwan results with "buzz sometimes happens a
little more if you're at the right toilet" (and the stars align)
may have been too pessimistic (or optimistic, depending on how
you look at it :)

> You would think it also depends on output power from our RF section; it
> might be worth trying with "piece of wire" antenna to force it to use
> highest transmit power if otherwise your base station is close.

No luck :-( I removed the antenna, and the FSO signal bar is still
2/3-3/4 full. No buzz at all.

- Werner