Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 18:49:38 CEST 2009

> Also if anyone observing #1024 wants to help and make some
> traces, please let us know. Tracing is not that complicated,
> all what is needed is a cable to connect the optional debug
> UART from the headset to a terminal and record the data.
> For a start, the default data are good enough. We do have
> some USB cables (Thanks to Werner who took care) so if you
> are willing to make the traces and need a cable and are
> best of all located in Europe to make sending the cable
> easier, feel free to contact me.

Anyone with a debug board can make a simple cable to connect it to the headset
port:

Debug board J10 <-> 2.5mm 3-pole jack plug
1 (TXD) <-> Tip (RX_IRDA)
2 (RXD) <-> Ring (TX_IRDA)
9 (GND) <-> Sleeve (Gnd)

modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x1457 product=0x5118

The port will appear as /dev/ttyUSB1 if you don't have any other USB serial
devices.