Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Mon Apr 6 14:49:03 CEST 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:06:14 +0100
Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org> wrote:

> Am Mo  6. April 2009 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> > Hello Daniel,
> >
> > Daniel Willmann wrote:
> > > I know someone with a frequency generator here. Would it make
> > > sense to see what happens when we detune the frequency? Is it
> > > possible? (It's a crystal rather than an oscillator, right?
> > > X1001?)
> >
> > Good idea, would be interesting to see if #1024 goes away if the 32
> > kHz oscillator is replaced with a accurate and stable 32 kHz
> > signal. However I don't know how easily this could be done. Maybe
> > Joerg and Werner can comment ?
>
> I already did iirc.
> My suggestion was to "apply a rock solid 32kHz clock to CLKIN" or sth
> like that. I further suggested we could take it from a lab-oscillator
> or from PMU-RTC-oscillator.

Okay, great. X1001 is the culprit here, right? Judging from the PCB
it's located in the bottom shielded area at the top right. There are
three pads, the big right one is ground I assume which of the left
pads, the top or the bottom would be the one that is connected to
OSC32K_IN and do I need to remove C1051 in order for this to work?

Regards,
Daniel Willmann