External Wifi Antenna

Daemon D unnaturaltragedy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 23:21:23 CEST 2009

I ordered the Neo Freerunner to use in my apartment but find that the public wifi that I normally use is too weak a signal for the Freerunner to pick up. Any suggestions? The external antenna jack is only for GPS right?

Are there schematics where I could locate proper solder points to install an external wifi jack so I can use a cantenna type arrangement? Would that even be feasible for someone with very minimal component level understanding but posesses a soldering iron and dremel with the knowledge to use them?

- Daemon