GSENSOR_3V3 voltage drop

Christoph Mair ml at chonyota.net
Sun Aug 23 19:35:14 CEST 2009

Hello Sven,

> I assume you are using an andy-tracking kernel!? If this is the case
> please apply the patch I sent in
>
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-August/010483.html
>
> and check if it fixes the problem. Thanks!

The voltage is now between 3.32V and 3.44V which seems to be ok, but after
suspending it still drops to 2.44V Vmax and 1.78V Vmin (when the compass chip
starts a measurement).

Btw.: do you know if the I2C controller and all I2C devices get suspended too?
I added some code to my kernel driver for HMC5843 to disable the device on
suspend. As it seems the functions are never called. But this may be a bug in
my code since this is the first kernel driver I ever wrote.

Christoph