GTA03 and E-Ink Interface

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:17:08 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | so what I am looking for is 22 pins that I can treat in that way, ie:
> | use as regular GPIO, and are in some way exposed on a connector or a
> | surface trace that can then be wired to an interface board that will
> | carry the display controller itself.
>
> I'm a fan of bitbang personally :-) but the GPIO controllability on
> Glamo would need carefully studying and I can't do it right now due to
> dying laptop battery and leaving flight.  I wouldn't rule it out we
> might be able to do something perfectly in tune with the electrophoretic
> bandwidth / response timescale.

Sounds pretty interesting to me! I'm very excited about it and look
forward to your advice.

btw, the bitbang mechanism used to transfer data to the controller
doesn't have a maximum period, meaning, data is clocked in using a
gpio. For example, for the burst write shown previously, I am just
cycling the WRITE signal on/off to clock the data into the controller.
Of course, it would be best if I can clock that data in very fast, so
a gpio that requires more than 50ns to set/clear would still work but
would make the display appear slower than it really was.

Thanks,
jaya