Power leakage: save 40mW by turning GSM on

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Feb 22 22:09:33 CET 2009

Am So  22. Februar 2009 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
> Am Sonntag, den 22.02.2009, 19:44 +0100 schrieb Rask Ingemann
> Lambertsen:
> > But in the end, I realized that the modem powers
> > up with deep sleep enabled, so after a few seconds of AT command
> > inactivity,
>
> Right, the first thing you should do when working in non-mux mode is to
> %SLEEP=2.
>
> >    In particular, is it supposed to undo the effects of AT+CFUN=1
> > (which
> > will turn on receiver, transmitter and everything else needed for full
> > GSM functionality)?
>
> Yes. AT at POFF is what other modems do when you AT+CFUN=0; actually
> turning off everything.

BTW (on subject) Andy posted a patch today which is stopping burning of
70mA(!! duh) via high-level uart lines when modem powered down.
Powering down (and up) modem via sysfs node should be fixed and work same time
now thanks to patch of PaulFerster.
The strange finding of Werner (modem burning more power when actually off than
in powered up state) should be fixed this way I think.

/j