Bluetooth headset routed over USB on Freerunner: why we need it and what problems i faced

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 03:27:38 CET 2009

Hi,

Paul Fertser wrote:

> Ok, looks like it's not needed (probably yet). With another earpiece
> (Jabra) it finally works over HCI without issues, it seems. Didn't
> tried to temporarily switch to PCM yet, but i guess it'd work.

  Well, I've been following this thread with a lot of interest - since I've
tried to get my Jabra BT125 handset working with my freerunner without
success. I've seen the wiki page and gone through most of the ML. Seems like
it's taken for granted that BT headset's work - but there are a lot of end
users who can't seem to get it going. Then, there are doubts about the alsa
state files and the wolfson bluetooth_pcm.c file ......
  So, It's nice to hear that you've got things going. Can you take the time
to list out the steps involved? Perhaps detail the configuration in
/etc/bluetooth, the version of bluez and the state file too. Thanks.