MICBIAS buzz injection

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Wed Jan 14 10:47:43 CET 2009

If you could record from the microphone by software on the Freerunner, that
would be great.

I would like to see confirmation that speaking at a conversational level to
the microphone will give a nice signal level that fully uses the 16 bit
range, and also show to some extent the degree of noise at the microphone. I
did some recording tests a few months ago, and was never able to get a good
signal level.

Because of the degree of complexity of the audio path (both hardware &
software), I think it would be nice if OpenMoko had such test software to
verify that microphone recording works well, and that the level is ok as
part of your test suite.

Regards,

Erland