Power leakage: save 40mW by turning GSM on

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Jan 22 12:44:56 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:02:27AM +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> Sounds good, although the GPS side may change its consumption radically
> depending on whether it has acquired the satellites or not.

   Right. The test was done indoor a good metre from the nearest window. so
it would not have managed to get a fix in 60 s.

> Do we know what the panel-plugin sources are doing to turn it off?
> Sending AT commands, or using the /sys, or both?

   It's in /usr/share/python-support/openmoko-panel-plugin/panelplugin/.
There is no sign of direct /sys access (other than in the BatteryIcon.py
file) or AT commands. I'm not much good at Python or the libraries used by
o-p-p, but it appears that it just sends messages across DBus to turn
devices on/off.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen