Question about charging

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Jan 28 14:47:47 CET 2009

I plan on making a generator for my bicycle. It will power some LEDS,
but if I can make enough current, I could charge the phone as well.

According to documentation, the freerunner wants 100mA, 500mA or 1000mA,
and no more than 5V. Limiting to 5V should be easy enough. I just wonder
if the charging can handle unstable voltage, for example if it
alternates between useable 5V and "too low" 10 times a second.

Will the phone be able to draw some current at moments where there is
enough voltage, or does it need a more stable supply of power?

Helge Hafting