Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), a possible solution.

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Jun 10 19:27:16 CEST 2009

Dima Kogan schrieb:
> I got a better solution. Like Dieter, I added a 10uF cap instead of
> replacing the capacitor altogether. However, instead of using a wire, I
> placed the new capacitor directly adjacent to the original cap. If
> looking at the photo Dieter sent originally, I placed the cap
> diagonally, bottom-left to top-right, with the top-right being soldered
> directly to the bottom of the original cap, and the bottom-left
> soldered to the can edge. Doing this, the new cap sits directly on top
> of some other parts so some electrical tape is necessary below and
> above it. On the other hand, this is a very simple way to do the
> rework. With this method, I would say the hardest part is removing the
> can in the first place.

Pretty neat idea, indeed.
But I now already have ordered those tremendously expensive 22µF caps so
I will use them no matter what ;)
But probably others would like to go this approach, especially on GTA01
where this cap seems to be glued to the PCB and thus hard to remove.

> Dima
  nils faerber

kernel concepts GbR        Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535

More information about the hardware mailing list