US triband vs EU triband

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 17 21:41:21 CEST 2009

I just confirmed basic functionality of 850/1800/1900 devices (US Freerunner)
for 900MHz networks. RF sensitivity is poor, but sufficient for areas with
good coverage.
For Germany a US device (850/1800/1900) worked flawlessly with German operator
T-Kom (in urban area), and rather poor with Vodafone. Both are 900MHz
networks.

Please notice I didn't yet check for the actual band used, so *if* T-Kom *and*
Vodafone both had 1800MHz BTS here in the tested area, then this report might
be moot. Anyway the result meets expected behaviour and 1800MHz BTS are not
known for either operator.

cheers
jOERG